Acquisition, Demolition and Relocation

Whenever Federal funds are used in a project involving the acquisition, rehabilitation or demolition of real property, a Federal law known as the Uniform Relocation Assistance and Real Property Acquisition Policies Act of 1970 (URA) generally applies. In some cases, the use of CDBG funds in a project involving the demolition or conversion of lower income dwellings may also trigger another Federal law under Section 104(d) of the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974 (Section 104(d)).

Basically CDBG Chapter 14 – Relocation and Acquisition

Real Estate Acquisition Guide For Local Public Agencies

Section 104(d) Certification

When a Public Agency Acquires Your Property

URA Handbook 1378: Tenant Assistance, Relocation, and Real Property Acquisition

Uniform Relocation and Real Property Acquisition for Federal and Federally Assisted Programs; Fixed Payment for Moving Expenses; Residential Moves

ADECA Property Disposition Report